Moving in: what to bring

a woman sitting in a box

Moving in: what to bring

Preparing what to bring when your child or family member moves to University for the first time can be a daunting task. There's so much to think about! Here's our helpful guide on what to bring (and what not to bring) to University of Sheffield accommodation...

Students should bring:

**Remember, kitchen and bedding packs can be pre-bought from our online shop and they will be waiting for your son or daughter upon their arrival.**

They might also want:

  • Posters/photos (the Village Store at Ranmoor/Endcliffe sells some strips that don't damage the walls - please do not use normal blue or white tak)
  • Pins for notice board (but not for walls)
  • Bicycle
  • Laptop / PC
  • Passport (if considering working)
  • TV and TV Licence

Please do not bring:

  • Furniture
  • Candles
  • Fairy lights      
  • Extension leads
  • Fridges (mini drinks coolers only)
  • Pets/animals

Things like microwaves, toasters and kettles are provided in kitchens so students won't need to bring these with them. We hope this guide to what to bring is helpful and gives you and your student an idea of what they'll need with them at University.

Share with Friends x