Health and Wellbeing
Get a COVID-19 test twice a week
One in three people with coronavirus don’t have any symptoms. Get tested twice a week, every week to help keep you and your friends safer and your studies on track.
Asymptomatic lateral flow tests are free, quick and easy with results within half an hour if you test at home, or usually with an hour if you attend an Asymptomatic Testing site.
New - starting 24 May 2021
Collect self-test kits to use at home
The University of London asymptomatic test site now offers the LFD Collect service for:
- University of London staff
- SAS students
- student residents in the intercollegiate halls.
Book a home test kit collection time now
You will receive a kit of seven self-test swabs and test devices along with instructions about how to perform the test yourself at home. You can also view an instructional video here.
We hope this service will make it even easier for students and staff to test twice a week, every week.
You can find more information about coronavirus testing at the University of London here.
Attend our asymptomatic test site
All residents in the intercollegiate halls are eligible to use the University of London test site at Student Central, Malet Street WC1E 7HY.
For more information and to book your next test, go here: london.ac.uk/test-and-trace.
In addition, UCL, King’s, LSE, QMUL, and a few other universities have facilities for testing their own students.
Get a test to do at home - community testing
You can now get rapid tests to do at home.
You can collect up to 2 packs of 7 tests from a local pharmacy or test site:
- find a pharmacy where you can collect rapid tests
- find a test site where you can collect rapid tests
You can get a pack of 7 tests sent to your home. Order rapid lateral flow home test kits on GOV.UK
If you do tests at home, you'll need to report your results online or on the phone.
- Read Next
- FAQs: Self-isolation at the end of term Register with a GP to get your COVID-19 vaccine Safer travel at the end of term Rule of six indoors from 17 May Be aware of fake police officers! Reporting lateral flow results to your university Contact your Hall Management team Get a COVID-19 test twice a week Download the NHS coronavirus app Psychosocial support for students
- Travel quarantine (self-catered) International Students: Ordering your essentials New to banking in the UK? Arriving to your hall for the first time International students: essential info 10% off your student essentials COVID-19 precautions in halls Making the transition to university Travelling from... Stansted Airport What's cooking? Online menu for catered halls